We are looking for organized, energetic, efficient and personable individuals to complete retail deliveries and plantings for plant material purchased from our retail yard, and complete all applicable paperwork. You may also find yourself completing various labour tasks around the Retail Nursery, Tree Farm, or even planting on and maintaining past commercial sites, as required. Your ability to “go with the flow”, pick up new skills quickly, and take direction will help you succeed in this role.
This is a physical job which requires strength (must be able to lift and move up to 50lb without assistance), and the ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. We do not work in the pouring rain, but do work in wind, light showers and on hot summer days.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Be over 18
- Have a valid Class 5 (Non-GDL) license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Be a safe and confident driver with some experience operating other equipment/machinery
- Be physically fit and capable of being active and on your feet all day, with lifting and moving up to 50lbs+
- Be a competent communicator and able to comply with Kiwi Nurseries Safety Program and paperwork expectations
- Be flexible and willing to complete various labour projects as well as landscaping maintenance and delivery tasks
Full time, Temporary
Salary: $16.50 to $18.50 /hour