Currently we have an opening for a Environment, Health & Safety Coordinator position at our Spruce Grove location.
- The EH&S Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Operations Department in order to ensure overall compliance with HCL’s Operating Procedures, as well as all applicable Federal and Provincial Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure Managers are trained on their roles and responsibilities in regards to Occupations Health & Safety legislation
- Hold monthly safety meetings with all employees as well as preparation of Minutes of the Meeting and communication thereof
- Organize in house safety training for all employees/managers and ensure training matrix is up to date (H2S, First Aid, WHMIS, EGSO)
- Assist as needed in safety audits, developing corrective actions, maintaining/updating chemical inventories and MSDS database and general EH&S training.
- Inspect PPE equipment (fire extinguishers, emergency lights, illuminated exit signs, eye was stations, spill-kits and emergency equipment) per defined schedule and document requirements
- Conduct Quarterly/Annual reviews of Hazzard Assessments, Safety Manual
- Collect and analyze EH&S data requested by supervision as required
- Conduct safety audits both internal and external, Third party or through Hoerbiger (Canada) Ltd. to update COR certificate
- Prepare and submit Incident Reports to WCB and coordinate return to work process.
- Update and review Risk Analyst documents
- Prepare health and safety documentation for new client via ISN, ComplyWorks, Avetta
- Prepare safety statistics report at the end of each Quarter
- Observe general working conditions and make recommendations for compliance with OH&S and other governing entity requirements.
- Promote and encourage employee participation in safety, health and environmental programs
Education & Experience
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, or related field of study
- At least 3 years of experience in compressors or engine projects in a safety related area
- Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of a safety program on projects increasing complexity
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and hazard recognition, record keeping and injury management skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Strong work ethic – willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the team
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively
- Must have H2S, First Aid, and WHMIS certification is preferred
Job Type: Full-time